Friday, February 12, 2010

Some Fun Additions

We had a couple of fun items that we received for Christmas that will help us prepare for our little boy or will come in handy for our trip to China.


The first things we got was from my parents. It is this little hand held video recorder. It records in HD and takes an amazing video. It is the size of a cell phone so we figured it would be super handy on our trip to pull out and tape different things. We hope it will also be any easy way to help stay connected with us as we travel.

My brother and sister-in-law got us this neat CD of Chinese Lullabies. I thought it was so neat that my sister-in-law took the time to contact a family that had adopted 2 little girls from China and asked her what some of her favorite resources were.

These were two other books that were recommend to my sister-in-law for us. We have had fun learning about China and it's culture. I look forward to devouring this book about being an adoptive parent after a couple of other books on my night stand are finished.

My other brother and sister-in-law gave me a gift card to Barnes & Noble at Christmas. If any of you know me you know that one of my greatest weaknesses is Children's books. When we were in our Parent's and Process class they talked about having Children's books about adoption and also about the Chinese culture readily available. Eric looked at me like "great just what you need, an excuse to buy books!" So needless to say it was not difficult for me to go to the bookstore with gift card in hand to pick out some books.



We are so thankful for the support of our family through this process!

1 comments:

Carey said...

It is so awesome that your family is so supportive!!

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs