Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Fun Surprise

On Friday I opened my e-mail to find an e-mail from our agency and an update on little Fu! I opened the first picture, then the 2nd and 3rd about did me in. Our little guy went from a baby into a little boy overnight. It was a very quick realization that he keeps growing while we wait. We are grateful for the good care he is getting and the obvious healthy growth but this mom is a little sad that he is getting so big already! Again, I poured over these pictures and studied every piece of them.


I love seeing him with his caretaker in this picture. The first thing I noticed was his healthy little head of hair. I also love how clean, bright and well taken care of the orphanage appears. It is fun to see 2 other little ones in the pictures with him. I checked out every little corner of the picture from floor to ceiling.


I loved it that we got a little side profile of him. I love his cute little ears and sweet little nose. It is fun to see his crazy hair. It reminds me of Shane's crazy hair! Looks like they will both be going in for frequent hair cuts. I chalk it up to another good sign that it is growing and looks healthy. He looks so alert and look at those cute little hands.


This is the picture that of course brought tears to my eyes. Those little chubby baby cheeks are now cute little one year old cheeks. He looks so happy, alert and yes it is good to see that he is growing. I love seeing his caretaker smiling at him and how cute she is with him. His little half smile is precious. Hold on little man don't grow up too fast!
We also found out in the update that his has grown in weight and height since the measurements we received at referral. He has 4 teeth. They said he has been healthy since his surgery other than the common cold. He loves to crawl fast on his belly and is walking with help. We are hoping there are more of these sweet updates in the months to come!



3 comments:

Andra said...

Ah! I just LOVE seeing little Fu's pictures! He is so precious Julie. Praying for him and his caretakers!

Shans said...

Ahhh...what a WONDERFUL surprise email for you! He is simply adorable!

MusicalMommy said...

I know what you mean by feeling sad that they are growing while you are waiting. I was sad too when we got updates. It is like you fall in love with the baby in the photo and then all of a sudden they are gone. All that disapears once you hold your boy in your arms. I promise.

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs