Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One Year Ago Today

It is hard to believe that one year ago today we saw Max's face for the first time.  I remember the moment  so vividly.  I remember seeing our social worker's number come up and hearing her voice and her telling us they have a file of a little boy for us from Shandong China. Tears streamed down my face as I called Eric who happened to be minutes away from home.  As he pulled in Max's file was coming in on my computer.  As we opened this picture the tears flowed harder.  This was the face of our son, the little boy that God chose for us to love, to be part of our family.  


Instantly God had given me a love for this little boy that was an ocean away, that I only knew from information and pictures on paper yet a love that was so real and overwhelming.  It is a helpless feeling knowing you have a son and yet you are months away from holding him.  Daily I had to surrender my anxious mommy heart trusting that God was holding our little boy until we could. 


We are so thankful that God's has a plan for Max's life and feel so blessed to be part of it! 

Happy 1 year referral sweet boy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs