Friday, August 20, 2010

The Call


On Tuesday, August 17 at 2:10 we got a call that would forever change our life. It was our social worker telling me there was a little boy in Shandong China who was waiting to be adopted and we had 24 hours to review his file and consult with doctors and decide if this was the little boy that God had called us to love and make part of our family.

I called Eric who happened to be 5 minutes from the house. Tears streamed down my face as I watched the file of our little boy come into my inbox. I called Eric again just to make sure he was coming. Yes, he was 2 minutes away!

We sat together and opened the file and saw the face of our son for the first time. I knew this was the little boy that God had for us when I saw his face. We spent the next hours pouring over his file and pictures. We consulted with doctors but most importantly we prayed that God would block this if it wasn't the little boy he had for our family.

On Wednesday morning we accept his referral. We couldn't be more excited. We are in love already!!

With joy and thanksgiving we introduce you to our son.

His Chinese name is Fu Zhida

He is from the Shandong providence in China.

His birthday is August 6, 2009 so he is one year old.





Please pray with us for health, safety and that he is loved until we see him face to face and he is in our arms.

7 comments:

MusicalMommy said...

WHOOO HOO!!! Got to love God's timing. Jack's referral date was after your son was born! I am so excited for you guys!

Kathy said...

Oh Julie, I actually gasped when I saw his face! Could he be any more perfect?! He's just darling! I can only imagine how badly you want to get your arms around him now! Congratulations!!! SO happy for you!! :)

Shans said...

Julie, he is so sweet!!! I couldn't be happier for you and your family!!! Congratulations and we will pray for safe travels and smooth transitions!

Max & Lisa said...

This is SO exciting! Congratulations and what a handsome young man! We are so happy and so excited for you guys! Any idea yet when you'll be traveling?

Max, Lisa & Olivia Christensen

sheinz said...

Congratulations!! Words cannot express how excited we are for you guys. Praying for you and Fu as you wait to travel these next few months.
Love,
Sara

Molly said...

Congratulations, Julie & family!!! We are so excited for you! We will be praying for "Fu" as he awaits you and for you all as a family as you are waiting(I can't imagine how long this will feel!) ! We pray he can feel your love and prayers!! Can't wait to meet him!!!
Love, The Wilsons

Carey said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so beautiful!!! The moment you see your child for the first time is so amazing, almost surreal. Praying for you and for your new little one.

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs