Sunday, February 6, 2011

18 Months Old Today

I can't believe my baby is 18 months old today. I never would have imagined that a little boy that was placed in my arms just 3 weeks ago feels like he has been in my arms since the days he was born.

IMG_3999

It is hard to believe that just 3 weeks ago this is what our baby knew as home.

IMG_3984_2

He slept in a sea of cribs. His nannies fed him in an assembly line and he was given bottles propped in his crib. He spent his days in a red room with red carpet and laid on a red mat.


IMG_3733

He didn't know what it felt like to be loved by a mom and dad until he was placed in our arms on January 17, 2011.

IMG_3730


People have asked "what did it feel like the first time you held him?" I knew it could be love at first sight or it could be a love that grows over time. I know for everyone it is different but this little boy stole my heart the minute he was placed in my arms. It felt no different than the day I gave birth to my other three children when they were place in my arms.

_DSC0242

This little boy God handpicked for our family. I sit back in awe of his perfect plan. There were joy, bumps and heart ache on our journey to this little man. Some paperwork took longer than expected, I lost my best friend tragically in a car accident and during our grief our paperwork push slowed down, there were tears and there was joy in the journey. As much as I tried to control the paperwork, the timing, the process ... it was all HIS timing and HIS plan. The very month we began praying about starting the adoption process was the month our sweet boy was born. Our paperwork was logged into China and Max's file was released in the very next batch of kids. If things had moved a little slower or a little faster we would have missed this sweet boy. AMAZING! I can't imagine life with out him.


_DSC0210_2

This verse has a new meaning to us. "In all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28


IMG_4008

Our hearts have been forever changed in our journey. We stand in awe of our God and his plan for our family. We have fallen in love with China and our heart breaks for the orphans we left behind. We pray that others will step out in faith to bring a little one home, pray and support other families on the journey, help those adopting financially or even sponsor a child.

6 comments:

my3 kids said...

Max is such a handsome little boy..Congratulations to your beautiful family:)

Kathleen said...

He is such a cutie. I am so happy that things are going so well for you and your family! God is amazing and has touched us all! I can't wait to see of he grows! I bet his sisters and brother are so happy you are all home! Congratulations!

Kathleen

Sarah said...

He truly is an amazing treasure!

Anonymous said...

Happy 18 months Max - so glad you are home with your family now. Many blessings!

Troy and Diane Sturgeon said...

It was wonderful meeting Max and your whole, beautiful family! Thank you for sharing Chinese New Year with us. We do pray to go to China again and bring back a brother or sister for our little guy; we just have to pray it is God's will and that He will help us get there! We hope to see you again sometime. Take care and God Bless!

Meredith said...

Wow! He's beautiful and you guys are beaming! I love it. Is it weird to say he even looks like Shane a little? I'll be holding you guys in my thoughts and prayers over the upcoming days and weeks...

Meredith Johnson (Don and Margie's oldest from the lake...)

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs