Monday, January 18, 2010

Let The Paper Work Begin

On November 7 we received a phone call telling us that we had been accepted into the China program. In a few days we would receive an e-mail with our Welcome letter. We received an e-mail with a password to get into the China Program website. On the website we received access to the China Program Guidebook. I told Eric I was going to print the guidebook because I like having something on paper to look at verses scrolling down pages on my computer. Eric said, "Why don't I just print it on the copy machine at work!" I was a little surprised when he came home with this huge binder. Wow, that is a guidebook! We have our work cut out for us but I know every once of time and energy with be so worth it when we have our little boy in our arms.



On Thanksgiving we told our extend families about our plans to adopt a little boy in China. Everyone was so excited and supportive. We also took the kids out for breakfast to tell them about their new little brother. They asked a lot of questions about adoption, China and about their new little brother. It has been fun to watch and listen to the kids process our news. Shane was beside himself with excitement about his new little brother. He actually came up to our room at 1:30 am the morning after we told him and said he couldn't sleep because he was dreaming about his brother in Chinas. He always calls it Chinas. Alexa is pretty sure her new little brother is going to like daddy better than me at first because he has dark hair and eyes like the people he is used to seeing. Emma said I should practice making Chinese food before we get him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs