Saturday, January 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home

The marathon of a day started with our long flight out of Hong Kong. The thought of 14 hours on a plane with a 17 month old was not too appealing.

IMG_5442

We watched the map on the seat in front of us and counted down the hours.

IMG_5448_2

Max did amazing. He slept the first 4 hours, played, ate and giggled his way through the next 7 and then slept the last 3. He didn't cry the whole entire flight.

_DSC0210_2

IMG_5454

We landed in Detroit and went through customs. What an amazing feeling to hand them our brown envelope with our last bit of paperwork and walk through the gate and know our little boy is now a US citizen. Look at our little sweetheart sportin' the USA sweatshirt!

IMG_3218_2

We continued on our flight from Detroit to Minneapolis and then our final flight to Sioux Falls. We knew there were family and friends waiting for us.

_DSC0111

I love this picture of the kids waiting for us in anticipation!

_DSC0116

_DSC0121

IMG_3382_2

What an amazing feeling to see our 3 little ones waiting for us and waiting to see their brother for the first time.

_DSC0126

To say it was emotional was an understatement.

Recently Updated71

Max was greeted by many. He has been prayed for and is loved. We are so blessed with amazing friends and family who have supported us on our journey to him and back again.


IMG_3355

Max with big sister Alexa!

_DSC0175

Max with big sister Emma!

_DSC0232_2

Max with big brother Shane!

IMG_3342

Papa and Grammy get a peek at their new grandson!

_DSC0242


We are so thankful to be home and be a family of 6.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

17 comments:

MusicalMommy said...

I was waiting for this family photo! Awesome!

Carey said...

Welcome home!!!

meg said...

Beautiful:)
Thank you for sharing your story of God's redemption in your family. God is good.. Amazing love...
MEg

Kathleen said...

Welcome home! I have truly enjoyed following your story! God IS great! I am sure the next few days/weeks will be amazing to watch as all your children get to know their new baby brother! Thanks for letting us follow!

Kathleen

Sarah said...

So glad that the flight home went well...such a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thank you for your story and the awesome pictures!
Ken and Kim

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Welcome home! What a beautiful family! So glad the trip and flights went well! Looking forward to continue following your blog! Blessings, Wendy

Shans said...

So glad you are home safely and the flight went smoothly! What a wonderful sight to see the photo of your family of 6!!! Darling! Love the sweet photos of Max with his big sisters and big brother. That precious boy has lots of love surrounding him!

Kathy said...

I am sitting here just wiping tears from my eyes ~ Shane's face did me in. He just looks so excited and joyful in a way that only childhood innocence allows. That was so precious.

Welcome home! I anticipate a smooth transition for Max as he has been so amazing with each part of this journey. I think in his heart he just must know he is home with his family.

Many blessings to you & your family of six, my friend! Enjoy this precious time!

Kathy

Becky said...

Welcome Home! So glad everything is going so well. Praying that it continues as all of you keep bonding.

Myra said...

GREAT pics...this is COMPLETLY! a compliment.... I had no idea you had 3 other kids..you guys DON"T look old enough like us :) and they are so beautiful! what a lovely family! It was so nice meeting you guys! Praying for an easy transition! Good luck, lets stay in touch and keep the updates coming!

Myra

Troy and Diane Sturgeon said...

Welcome home! I just can't get over what a great looking family you are. Congratulations again and may you have an wonderful transition!

Jewels of My Heart said...

It just doesn't get any better than that! Welcome home little man..... Thank You Jesus for answered prayers.
Love,
Daleea

Steffie B. said...

I just have tears streaming down my face.....the picture of the 3 waiting was just priceless....that's what did me in....and you....you are glowing and I can see the tears on your face as well.....I know it was life changing for you....I told you it was deep....something like you have never experienced before.....I'm so glad things have gone well.....life is good and God is so faithful to those who listen....at least that is what I believe! ;) I will respond to your email either tonight or tomorrow....I am emotionally exhausted...and probably will be until I am there in Shaanxi with my girl.....then I will feel like I can rest.....finally.....FIANLLY.....I can rest! ;)

DiJo said...

Oh Julie!
Such beautiful photos of a beautiful story! Your kids (all 4) are absolutely precious.. I pray you are settling in, and that you will start feeling human again quickly! I loved following your journey!! And, I loved hearing from you today. I would love to connect in MSP one day!!! I pray the car seat goes better for you than it did for me!

Big hugs from another midwest girl!

Blessings,
Diana

P.S: Did you notice the song on my blog.. I had to copy you. I just love it! :)

meg said...

What size clothes does Max wear? Our little girl will be the same age when we bring her home. Just trying to plan. How much does he weigh? You can email me if you rather answer by email.
megggodwin@gmail.com

Jo said...

Great homecoming pictures! We loved following along on your journey to Max!

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs