Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Baby Is 17 Months Today

Today Max is 17 months old. As we get closer to bringing him home I just can't stop thinking about him. What it is going to be like to hold him for the first time? What will he look like? How big will he be? Will he cry and be scared? What is his little personality like? So many questions that soon will be answered.

We received an update today but no pictures. Maybe we didn't get pictures because I told my friend I didn't know if I wanted to see pictures since we are so close. I just want to see him in person. It was fun to get a little glimpse into his little life.

We were told he likes noodles for breakfast and eggs for a snack. He likes rice with veggies and meat in them. He is specifically a fan of rice and tomatoes. He drinks a bottle and likes friend bread. He gets up around 7 and goes to bed around 9. We will take that if he falls into that routine. He sleeps in a crib and is still in diapers. He is crawling and walking with help. He says ba,ba ma,ma and da,da. He likes most toys. He doesn't like to be in the walker and is afraid of the Hobby Horse. Not to self, don't get him a Hobby Horse for his birthday. We got new measurements and I am hoping my 12-18 month clothing guess is going to work or we will just need to do some shopping in China. We also found out he has 12 teeth.

What have we been up to .....



making lists - packing lists, to do lists, teacher lists, grammy lists, honey to do lists ..... all kinds of lists. The best part of making lists is checking things off the list. We are making progress.




we are making piles ... believe it or not most of this is for Max. I forgot how much baby gear you need especially when you are going to China.


The suitcases are getting pulled out this evening and soon will be full. They will be 44 pounds full to be exact. That is my limit. I think Eric will encourage me to aim a little lighter so we aren't suitcase shuffling at the last minute at the airport. I have been know for having suitcases over the weight limit so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Serving the King said...

What a great update! I can't believe how detailed it was, that's fantastic! Bless his heart about that Hobby horse...too funny. Your floor looks like the younger/baby version of my floor(but your to-do lists...well, they put my to-do list to shame. :)

Tracy said...

Hey there,

We just got all of our travel info and we will be staying at the Crown Plaza with you, it is done. I will be meeting you there after all. I just went through 36 hours of insanity trying to book tickets as my agency said to not book tickets until the in China coordinator got us all our info (which was today) so my tickets went up 1,500 each today and we couldnt afford it. So now we spent all day trying to get other plans and we have the most insane travel ever.. but we will be there.. See you on the 16th when we arrive at 11am in Jinan!!!!!!!! I know from others that have gotten children from Jinan they said be prepared they often bring the kids to you within an hour or two of getting into your hotel the first day. We will have our boys soon!

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Son

CoffeeShop Designs